|The Fairly OddParents episode transcript|
|"A Wish Too Far!"|
|Airdate:||April 13, 2001|
- [On the school bus]
Chester: Hey, A.J.
Chester: Why did the orange go to the doctor?
A.J.: Who cares? It’s just gonna end in a pun.
- [The bus stops]
Timmy: Oh my gosh, It's her! Trixie Tang.
Chester: Here we go again.
- [Chester and A.J. mimic Timmy's every move as he talks]
Timmy: She's the prettiest girl in school, and today, she's gonna sit next to me.
A.J.: What makes today different?
Timmy: Today, she's gonna have a place to sit. Bye! [Timmy pushes Chester and A.J. off the bus seat] Chester and A.J.: Ahhh! [Timmy puts a reserved sign for Trixie in their place]
Trixie: [after she gets on the bus] Ha-hem.
Bus Driver: Oh, Sorry. [into the announcer] Ladies and gentlemen, the lovely and popular, Trixie Tang! [as he talks spotlights light up and a disco ball appears]
- [Trixie walks past the seats in the bus]
Trixie: Hello popular boys, Tad and Chad.
- [Tad and Chad sigh contentedly and slump down on their bus seats. Then Trixie walks past Veronica]
Veronica: Hey, Trixie.
Trixie: Hello, popular girl, yet less popular than me, Veronica.
- [Then Trixie walks past Timmy]
Timmy: Hey, Trixie.
Trixie: Hello, empty bus seat.
Timmy: Darn it! Why doesn't she like me?
- [Chester and A.J. pull away the reserved sign and get back on their seats]
Chester: Dude, you're not popular.
A.J.: You see, popularity charts work out like this. [A.J. pulls out a pie chart] Rich kids, 58%. Unpopular kids, 27%. Jocks, 20%.
Timmy: Where am I on the chart?
A.J.: [points the 'other' section on the chart] 'Other' with me, Chester, and that kid with the boil.
Elmer: Hi, Trixie.
Trixie: [as she walks past] Hello, other empty bus seat.
Timmy: Popular, huh? I can do that.
- [Scene changes to the cafeteria where it's lunch time. At the popular kids table, there a violinist playing]
- [after Timmy gets his lunch, he walks to the popular kids table]
Popular Kids: We're so popular.
Timmy: hi, everybody.
- [Veronica glares at Timmy]
Veronica: Guys, I keep glaring at him, but he won't leave!
Tad: Group glare!
- [all the popular kids glare at him while Timmy just stands there]
Veronica: It's not working!
Chad: Quick, Plan B.
- [the popular kids lift up their table and carry it away. Then the violinist goes to stand beside Timmy while playing a sad melody]
- [Scene changes to the school hallway, where Timmy walks past the toilets]
Timmy: [reads the signs on the toilets' door, as he walks past] 'Girls'...'Boys'."Popular girls","Popular boys"?
- [as Timmy tries to go in the popular boys toilet the Bouncer comes out and stops him]
Bouncer: Hey whoa, hang on there, little not popular boy. Denied.
Timmy: Aw, come on!
Bouncer: Don't blame me. blame the chart.
- [Scene changes to Timmy's house, in his bedroom]
Timmy: I can't believe I'm not popular.
Cosmo: Sure you are, Timmy. Your friends love you and so do we.
Wanda: Just look at our chart. [holds up the chart]
Timmy: 99.9% Timmy...0.1% other? What's the other?
Cosmo & Wanda: Timmy!
Timmy: Duh, you guys are my Fairy Godparents. You’re supposed to love me. Let me think. What do these popular kids have that I don’t?
Cosmo: Besides the clothes and the looks and the money and stuff?
Timmy: Hey, That's it! You guys could give me the stuff to make me popular!
Wanda: But you'd be making friends for the wrong reasons.
Cosmo: Well, you can't beat that logic.
- [Scene changes to outside Timmy's house the next morning]
Mr. and Mrs. Turner: Bye, Timmy. Have a nice day at school. [they drive off in the car]
Timmy: OK, you guys, my parents are gone. Come on out!
- [Cosmo and Wanda as squirrels jump out from a bush]
Cosmo: Hey, Timmy. You should see the nuts we just--
Timmy: Ah-ah-ah! bus coming. Popularity needed. Move it.
Wanda: You could say "please".
Timmy: Fine, Please move it. I wish I had clothes like the popular kids.
- [Cosmo and Wanda raise their wands and poof up popular clothes for him]
Wanda: Uh, Timmy, aren't there two words you'd like to say?
Timmy: You're right. Pinky ring. [he raises up his finger as they poof up a ring] Awesome!
Wanda: Oh, look. the bus. [she points to the bus that just stopped outside Timmy's house] Well, I guess we're done.
Timmy: Wait, You gotta come with me in case I need some more stuff. I wish you guys were cool hip hop medallions.
- [Cosmo and Wanda poof themselves into medallions]
Wanda: Today's gonna drag on forever.
Cosmo: Is today over yet?
- [Scene changes to Timmy on the bus]
Chester: Dude, you look positively popular. Where'd you get all the stuff?
Timmy: Internet...Uh, inheritance? I inherited the internet. [then as Chester and A.J. sit on the bus seats beside him] Ah-ah-ah. seat's taken. [and he shoves Chester and A.J. off the seat]
A.J.: By who?
Chester: And where are we supposed to sit?
- [at another part of the bus]
Elmer: [to Chester and A.J.] Hi, I'm Elmer. This is my boil, Bob.
- [then as Trixie walks by Timmy]
Trixie: Timmy Turner?
Veronica: No, it's a trap! No kid could get so popular so quick!
Trixie: [after shoving away Veronica] My Spazzmo friend does have a point. You've got the popular clothes. Let's see your popular smile.
Timmy: [whispering to Cosmo and Wanda] I wish I had shiny teeth. [then Timmy shows his extremely shiny teeth to Trixie and Veronica]
Veronica: My eyes! My perfect blue eyes! [runs away]
Trixie: Wow! May I grace you with my presence?
Timmy: It'll be your honor.
Trixie: Oh, you're good. [as she sits down beside him]
- [Scene changes to the school at the end of the school day, all the kids run out of the doors]
- [Veronica still blinded by Timmy's teeth bumps into a wall, then misses a step and falls. Then Tad, Chad, Trixie and Timmy walk out]
Chad: My parents said we could get together at the country club.
Trixie: Well, my Mom said we could take the limo and go to Skippy Cheese's pizza place and then buy it. [giggles]
- [they all look at Timmy]
Timmy: Uh, my parents are out of town and, uh, they said we could have a party after school, at my, uh mansion.
Chad: Wow! that kicks the crud out of my plan.
Trixie: Bye, Timmy. We’ll see you later at your fancy mansion party!
- [Tad, Chad, and Trixie walk off]
Timmy: I am so totally popular.
Timmy: Oh, hey, guys. How's it going? [Chester and A.J. look at the Bouncer behind Timmy and tremble] Guys? Hey, what's-
Bouncer: These two not popular boys bothering you?
Timmy: No, no, it's fine.
Bouncer: Want I should explain the chart? [holds up the chart]
Timmy: Really, I'm on it.
Bouncer: OK. [walks away]
Timmy: Look, there's a party at my house tonight. I'm popular. You guys come, you get popular. Okay? Super. Ta! [walks off]
Chester: He's moved to the dark side of the chart now.
A.J.: You don't mean...
Chester: I'm afraid so. [holds up a pink hat like the one Timmy usually wears] Elmer, you're the new Timmy.
Elmer: Neat! Can my boil have a hat, too?
- [Scene changes to Timmy's house]
Timmy: [to Cosmo and Wanda] I wish you were back to normal. Hey, about today? It seemed like I got on your nerves with all my wishing.
Wanda: Well, it was the selfish, thoughtless, rude, abrasive way you wished that annoyed us, sweetie.
Timmy: Yeah, I thought so. So, I made you a list of what I’ll need for the party tonight at my mansion. [holds up a long list]
Cosmo: [after he looks at the list] But Timmy, you don’t have any of these things.
Timmy: That’s where you guys come in. Just make with the magic, okay?
Wanda: But you’ll just be making friends because of the stuff--
Timmy: Ah-ah-ah, did I wish for a moral?
Timmy: Let’s get shallow. Ready? Party favors! Stereo! Balloons! Butlers! Chips and dip. Soda. A disco ball. [Cosmo and Wanda poof up each items as Timmy wishes it] And now a mansion to put it all in.
- [As they raise up their wands, it makes a fizzling noise]
Timmy: Hey! What gives? I'm still in a house house.
Cosmo: Our wands have been shut off.
Timmy: By who?
- [suddenly they all get poofed to a courtroom]
Timmy: Huh? Where am I? I'm in Fairy Court?
Judge: Order! order! [while slamming his gavel] The case of the fairies against Timmy Turner is now in session.
Timmy: What's going on?
Wanda: You're being sued by Fairy World and Jorgen Von Strangle is the persecutor.
Timmy: Don't you mean "prosecutor"?
Cosmo: I gonna be the defense attorney.
Wanda & Timmy: No!
- [Cosmo poofs himself into the defense attorney in a suit and glasses]
Cosmo: And for my first legal maneuver, I'd like to make a motion. [he starts dancing and sing "Dee"s to a rhythm]
Jorgen: I'd like to approach the bench.
Judge: Very well.
Jorgen: Spot me, tiny fairy. [Cosmo stands behind Jorgen, who lifts a huge barbell] I call to the stand... Timmy Turner!
- [Timmy gets poofed to the stand]
Jorgen: Timmy Turner, is it true over the last few days you wished for new clothes, jewels, and a new house in order to obtain new friends?
Jorgen: Ah! Your witness.
- [Cosmo approaches the bench]
Cosmo: Hi, Timmy, Look. I’m a lawyer! [he puts on a fireman's hat] Now I’m a fireman. Wheee! [to the jury] Now, I’m just a simple fairy/lawyer/fireman, but Jorgen misses the point. There are many redeeming qualities to Timmy. [to Timmy] Isn’t it true that you also wished for new shoes, new sunglasses, butlers and shiny teeth?
Cosmo: What a selfish punk! The defense rests.
Wanda: That’s your laser-targeted defense?!
Cosmo: I’m a fireman, not a laser technician. [he poofs up lab goggles and a white coat] Now I’m a laser technician.
Jorgen: One last question. After bestowing all these wonderful things upon you, did you ever once thank your fairy godparents?
Timmy: No. I...I guess I didn't and I should have, and I'm really sorry.
Judge: Well, he said he was sorry.
Jorgen: GRRRR! [he aims his wand at the judge]
Judge: I mean, guilty! Timmy Turner, you lose your godparents.
[the crowd of Fairies gasps]
Cosmo: [after seeing Wanda glaring at him] Don't look at me. I'm just a coal miner.
- [scene changes to another part of the courtroom]
Timmy: Guys, I’m sorry.
Wanda: Oh, that’s okay, Timmy. Tomorrow we’ll--
- [then both Cosmo and Wanda fall into each other's arms and sob]
Jorgen: Time to go home, tiny, ungrateful, Earth boy.
Timmy: [he takes his hat off] Here, I want you guys to have this.
Wanda: Oh, your only pink hat!
Timmy: Oh I can always wish for... Oh... right.
- [Jorgen then poofs Timmy home]
- [Timmy is poofed back to his room and lands on a table]
Timmy: Where am I? [looks at self] My clothes! they're still coo!. And the party gifts... They're still here! The party! Cosmo, Wanda, I can still be popular, I can- [Then he sees the empty fishbowl. He walks up to it and looks determined]
- [Scene changes to outside Timmy's house, when the party guests are arriving. Then Tad, Chad, Trixie and Veronica see Timmy dressed in his usual clothes, but without his pink hat]
Trixie: What happened?
Veronica: Trixie, it's a trap see, I told you. I knew. See?
Timmy: Guys, I don't have a mansion or a party or any of that stuff. I just faked it to get you to like me.
Trixie: But it worked.
Timmy: Yeah, but I want friends who like me for who I am, not what I have. [to Chester, A.J.] I'm sorry I didn't figure that out earlier.
Tad: Whoa. I never thought of it that way.
Chad: Yeah, but who cares? We're rich! Hey everybody, except Timmy, Chester, AJ and the boil kid, party at my yacht!
- [the other kids cheer and run off with the popular kids]
Trixie: Hi, I think it was really sweet the way you stood up for your friends and... I Better do this quick...[she kisses Timmy on the cheek]
Timmy: Wow! Hey...uh...do you want to stay and hang with us?
Trixie: Are you nuts? There's a party on a yacht. Bye empty bus seat... I mean Tommy.
Timmy: She almost remembered my name.
Chester: [takes the pink hat off Elmer's head] Here you go, dude. [hands the pink hat back to Timmy] Welcome back.
[Elmer looks sad and walks away]
Timmy: Hey, wait! [puts the hat back on Elmer] Now you're first runner-up Timmy.
Timmy: Yep. And in the event the real Timmy fails to fulfill his duties, you become Timmy.
Elmer: Uh, has that ever happened?
Elmer: Cool. I have a dream!
- [At the Fairy Court, Como, Wanda and the judge are seeing what Timmy did on a screen]
Wanda: Does that look like a bad kid to you?
Judge: No, no it doesn't. Hmmmm. I rule in favor of the defendant,
Jorgen: Hey, but, your honor, I...
- [Wanda glares at the Jorgen with fire in her eyes and hair]
Jorgen: I agree. On one condition!
- [Scene changes to Timmy's room where Timmy stares sadly at his empty fishbowl]
Timmy: I miss 'em already.
- [then Cosmo and Wanda poof back]
Cosmo: Hi, Empty Bus Seat.
Wanda: Did you miss us?
Timmy: Only a whole lot! [he gives them both a hug]
Wanda: The judge saw you stand up to the popular kids and decided to give you another chance.
- [then Cosmo and Wanda poof up Timmy's pink hat]
- [Jorgen poofs in with an explosion]
Jorgen: But you were still ungrateful, And for that you must pay! [he raises his wand and causes a huge boil to appear on Timmy's face, then he poofs away]
Cosmo: Wow, with a boil that big, you aren’t going to anything social for a while.
Wanda: Too bad all this party stuff has to go to waste.
Timmy: Hmm... Or does it?
- [scene changes to Cosmo and Wanda sipping tea at a floating table]
Wanda: Wow, It sure was nice for Timmy to throw us a party for a change!
- [Timmy, dressed like a butler, walks up to serve his godparents, covering the boil with his hat]
Timmy: More tea, Mr. and Mrs. Godparent?
- [Timmy accidentally drops the hat, revealing the boil]
Cosmo & Wanda: Ewwww!
- [the Bouncer appears out of nowhere]
Bouncer: If You want, I should explain the chart?
Cosmo & Wanda: Yes!