Somebody renamed the Crimson Chin page to a racist thing, and I can't change it back! Help me!
What's on your mind?
Recently, a FOP wiki user by the name of Nicholas Blaschke has sadly recently passed away on February 13, 2020. He was 26 years old and was born on May 19, 1993.
He may not be the best user on this wiki but even he didn't deserve to die by a fire. :(
To show how you feel sad for his death, please reply to this thread commenting on how you'll miss him.
R.I.P. Nicholas Blaschke (May 19, 1993 - February 13, 2020)
Hello everyone. The wiki desperately needs feedback. I'm sure most of you using the forums know that the wiki is a little bit weak or even outdated in some areas and could use some strengthening.
So I'd like to hear your thoughts of where the focus should be when working on the wiki. Work on the episodes? The characters? A specific season? Is it the page navigation? Let us know!
Hello everyone. I have reorganized the wiki forums! Check the top board to see the changes. The subforums have been reduced to four, and they are as follows:
- Wiki Discussion: Announcements and discussions concerning the wiki. For example, you can ask here if something on Cosmo's wiki page is correct.
- Fairly OddParents Discussion: Self-explanatory, you can talk about the show here, without focus on the wiki.
- Art and Stories: This is a new one. You can share stories, art or other creations related to Butch Hartman's works. If you're sharing someone else's work, or official work, be sure to credit the creator!
- Miscellaneous: For everything that doesn't fit the above three boards. For example, discussion about Cartoon Network's latest show, or video games.
I hope this makes the forums better to navigate! I will also shortly open a thread for feedback on the wiki.
It's going to be on at 7:30 Only on NickToons if you have satellite. Anyone going to be watching?
1) Much of the trivia and references sections are full of useless tripe, people not getting a "joke" is being treated as a mistake (Yeah, in Just Desserts the planet really can't fall out of orbit because of too many fat people! Thank you Doctor Scienceburgstein!!!!), or just people taking the show too damn seriously and other Enterbot-isms.
2) Parts of the image galleries have these inaccurate, made up, and often cringey quotes attached to them. If you're going to add a quote, and it should be an iconic one not every freaking thing that comes out of a character's mouth, then at least make sure its accurately spelled.
3) Some articles, especially character bios, are full of speculatory nonsense, or are otherwise just go on for way too long. I mean characters like Tootie and Trixie are my favorites, but they're characters who appear maybe once or twice PER SEASON and have articles that are almost longer than Cosmo or Wanda!
4) Don't even get me started on how horrible the formating of this wiki works when trying to view it on a phone or smaller than 1080p monitor... granted much of this wiki was built before smartphones took off but some parts of it are just outright broken. There are too many pages you could easily condense much of the wiki by merging things.
Maybe someone should adopt this wiki that is willing to do some major overhauling. Not me of course, I'm a drawslave so all my free time goes to that, but someone will definitely have to do some major page moving/deleting.
You can hear his words with his voice and heart speaking about the matter in this video:
So a while back, I requested ownership of the /r/FairlyOddParents (The FOP Community Page on Reddit) since it had been long abandoned by the old moderators, and the other day my request was granted. I am now working on cleaning the page up and then overhauling the CSS.
My big goal though, is to bring it under the community umbrella; alongside the Wiki, the Fairly OddPeeps Discord, and the Hartman Hub DA Group.
If you are a Redditor (or you want to be), and you have fanart, fanfics, memes or even just ideas or thoughts, feel free to post there. I'd love to get that subreddit some more activity than it has.
The Subreddit is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/fairlyoddparents/
While this is by no means an art contest, I thought it would be nice for the wiki to have holiday themed challenges where people on the wiki do a drawing with some characters they like based on the holiday itsef, so since we're approaching Thanksgiving, we'd all do drawings related to that.
They could all even be posted on the Deviantart Group (Hartman-Hub.deviantart.com) as well as here.
I was busy during the summer break but I'm back now and I'm in the process of starting a deviantart group for the wiki where we can post Fairly Oddparents art. I'd actually make it one for all of Butch's cartoons so they can all be in one place and so we have a larger group of people together.
Any suggestions on that front like folders you may want to see or things like that can be discussed here.
This is part of an effort to get this wiki more active on the fan side of things, especially since, as far as we know, the show is over. Stuff like what the Total Drama wiki does is pretty great in that regard.
INeedaJob is off to a very good start with the weekly episode polls
Have you considered locking the image gallery pages to new and unregistered contributors? I understand that it would have the side effect of forcing new users to ask an admin to post something on a page, but most of the edits to Timmy Turner/Images, for instance, in the last month alone, have been nothing but vandalism.
Hello there. As part of my editing of the quotes section today, I noticed that there's not much consistency when it comes to how they're formatted. So here I'm going to explain how to do that in the proper way.
First off, when quoting a character, start a new line with an asterisk (*) and then write the character's name followed by a colon. Then make the character name and the colon bold (either by selecting them and hitting the Bold button on your wiki editor, or by wrapping the character name and the colon with three apostrophes/single quotes ['''] at the beginning and end). Then hit space and begin writing the quote. Example:
*'''Timmy:''' I wish I had something to stop Vicky!
It will look like this when you post it in a page:
- Timmy: I wish I had something to stop Vicky!
If there is more than one character saying the same thing, you will have both character names with an "and" between them, and the colon will be after the last character. The bold and asterisk still applies.
- Cosmo and Wanda: We're your fairy godparents!
If you have three or more characters saying the same thing, separate each character by a comma, while the last character gets an "and" before them. Example:
- Cosmo, Wanda and Timmy: POOF?!
Secondly, actions are just as important. Actions should always be in parenthesis (such as this pair of them) and the contents inside the parenthesis must be in italics (by selecting all what's inside the parenthesis and hitting the italics button or wrapping them with two apostrophes/single quotes [''] at the beginning and end). If the action is done by several characters, a character who wasn't in the scene before the action, or environment, then the action will be on a new line, starting with a colon. Example:
:(''Cosmo created a door, and Timmy's parents came in'')
Which displays as
- (Cosmo created a door, and Timmy's parents came in)
If otherwise the action is done as the character is speaking, the action parenthesis will be in the middle of their speech. Likewise if a character speaks, does an action, and then continues to speak. Also, actions should always start with lowercase letters unless they start with a name (then the name is capitalized as usual) and should always be in the past tense.
- Vicky: And this is the sound system (she plugged in a cable), and this is the TV (she plugged in another cable), and I don't know what this is but I will plug it anyway. (she plugged in one last cable)
Also, if the character starts speaking while doing the action, or is talking to another character who isn't mentioned in the quote, then the action should be right before the colon. Example:
- Robot Vicky (while screaming and melting): Nooooo!
For an example of how such a quotes section looks like, check out the quotes section of Power Mad!'s references page for how they look like with the guidelines applied. This will be the format of all quotes sections from now on, and for now the guidelines will be a forum thread until a proper guidelines article is formed.
If you have any further questions, please comment below and I'll try to answer them.
- Actions should be in the past tense instead of the present tense.
- Updated once more for actions. Please re-read the actions section again.
I haven't been any better at maintaining the wiki myself. Complication after complication and distraction after distraction, my attention for the wiki has shrunk, unfortunately. Anyways, onto the news.
I would like to inform you that TooYube is now a bureaucrat. Showing that he is more than capable of editing the wiki and that he's an admin to be trusted and relied on, I granted him the powers of the bureaucrat. Congratulations for the promotion! You certainly deserved it (and more).
We will also have to say our farewells to DeviantPooper unfortunately, seeing as he too was a capable and reliable person. I wish him good luck on his endeavors wherever he goes. Thank you for all of your work thus far. If you feel like returning here, we will welcome you again.
That's it for today. Have a good day, everyone.
UPDATE: TooYube's first decision as a bureaucrat has been made. INeedAJob9 is now an admin of the wiki. Congratulations! For your promotion to be his first decision is an indicator of the potential he saw in you. Always keep the work up!
Since Wikia is too glitchy to me and that I lost interest in editing wikis, I would like to say goodbye to everyone in this wiki!
Bureaucrats, if you are reading this message, please demote me as I deactivated this account.
Finally completed updating the Crimson Chin Webtoons pages
It took a long time, but the pages related to the webisodes have finally been updated. Now that they actually look good, I can begin the process of adding these episodes to the rest of them so more people can see them, and so things can be more orderly.
Although, many of the character pages related to them still need fixing, so I'll now get on that.
I admit I wasn't present here for a good chunk of the time recently, but I might plan to change that someway. For now, I have brought some other news.
DeviantPooper has been promoted to administrator. For his astounding ongoing contributions to the wiki, and impressing me and other staff in general, he has been entrusted with the responsibilities of an admin.
INeedAJob9 has also been promoted to rollback. While I haven't seen much of his works myself, I have been recommended promoting him to handle the responsibilities of a rollback.
Congratulations on your promotions! I sincerely hope you impress me even further now, and use your expanded powers to help improve this wiki.
Have a good day, everyone.